Ceramics for food lovers: design your own plates & bowls
- Regular price
- €159,00 EUR
- Regular price
- Sale price
- €159,00 EUR
- Unit price
Our encounter with ceramics is often in the objects we use every day, through plates and bowls. What makes a good functional surface to eat from? How can we design tableware which beautifully frames our food? How do you make a good plate that has a chance of making it through the process of ceramics? What makes a piece of ceramics “food safe”?
During this class, you will learn to make plates and bowls using forms, and you will also learn the basics of good functional and durable ceramics.
This class is perfect for beginners who have never used clay before and are curious to try, for food bloggers who want to make their own beautiful props, people who work in the food industry who would like to understand how plates and bowls are made and want to give it a try. Peeking behind the process will give you appreciation of the craft and will change your perspective on the objects you handle every day.
- During the first session you will learn to make plates and bowls using forms (2 plates and 1 bowl)
- We will discuss basic concepts of functional ceramics - what makes a good bowl and plate. You will learn about what makes a gracious and pleasing shape and one that best fits its purpose.
- During the second session you will glaze your pieces with our beautiful studio glazes. In this session we will talk about food safety, durability and various options for glazing so that your plates look best on photos and withstand daily use.
- The class language is English
Who is this class for:
- Anyone who would like to learn to make plates and bowls - no experience needed
- Food bloggers who would like to make their own props
- People who work in the food industry and would like to have a go at making plates and bowls and would also like to get a better understanding of the ceramics process and concepts of durability. It may also be a good way to decide what kind of plates or bowls to get for your restaurant! A well-balanced beautiful shape will enhance the experience of your guests.
Please bring your own apron. You can also purchase one at our shop.
Please note that we can only keep pieces 2 months after you have been notified.
Classes are non-refundable but you can rebook to a future class, provided you give at least 7 days notice. For our classes we follow local rules: Class participants will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or recovery from Covid-19 (people who are medically exempt from vaccinations can provide a negative test).
Please note that if the rules change and 2G+ is required by the time this class begins, you will be required to comply to those new rules.
By booking a class or open studio session you agree with the following policies.
- Classes are non-refundable but you can rebook to a future class, provided you give at least 7 days notice, in writing. This means that you will be issued a voucher that you can use to book a future class. We cannot make exceptions.
- You are allowed to transfer the class to someone else if you can't make it, but that still means the above policy would apply.
- Our studio is for adults. We allow for children from the age of 14 if accompanied by an adult. Both would need to book a spot separately.
- Please note that if Covid-19 rules change and 2G+ is required by the time this class begins, you will be required to comply to those new rules.
- In case the event cannot take place, we will reschedule it and you will be issued a voucher to use again.