Taster class: Make your own tea bowls
- Regular price
- $83.24 USD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $83.24 USD
- Unit price
Tea bowls are a great entryway into ceramics and we all know how good it feels having tea with handmade bowls. During this short pottery class you will be making tea bowls with the pinching technique, the most ancient way of giving shape to clay. You will also learn how to refine your shape and add a foot. Pinching is often (and wrongfully) regarded as basic, but we will teach you ways to full express yourself with this technique.
This taster class will give you a good basis into pinching and you will be able to make up to two pieces. Let it be the start of your journey into pottery or a fun activity with a friend. The pieces you create can also be perfect as thoughtful gifts.
During the class, if you want, you get to learn to use our studio engobes in our four earthy colors, formulated and made by us.
Who is this class for?
This class is for everyone. No experience needed. Thank you for your understanding that our classes are only open to adults.
- A two hour guided session by an experienced ceramic artist
- Access to all materials and tools
- Glazing & firing will be taken care of by us. We will glaze the bowls with white glaze.
Location: Kleistone Studio in Berlin Kreuzberg
Teacher / language: Elisabetta / English (some explanations can also be given in German)
During this 2 hour class you will be learning the basics of working with clay and will be making up to two pieces.
- Introduction into working with clay
- Making and refining tea bowls with pinching technique
Should you make more than two pieces, you will be able to choose your two favourites to be fired.
Once your pieces are finished, you will leave them with us to be finished. We will take care of firing them and coat them in a glossy white glaze.
We will notify you via email when the pieces are ready for collection. Turnaround time will be around 3-4 weeks.
Please note that we can only keep pieces 2 months after you have been notified.
Classes are non-refundable but you can rebook to a future class, provided you give at least 7 days notice.
By booking a class or open studio session you agree with the following policies.
- Classes are non-refundable but you can rebook to a future class, provided you give at least 7 days notice from the class date, in writing. This means that you will be issued a voucher that you can use to book a future class. We cannot make any exceptions.
- You are allowed to transfer the class to someone else if you can't make it, but that still means the above policy would apply. Open studio sessions are not transferable.
- Our studio is for adults. We allow for children from the age of 14 if accompanied by an adult. Both would need to book a spot separately.
- In case the event cannot take place, we will reschedule it and you will be issued a voucher to use again.