- Regular price
- €0,00 EUR
- Regular price
- Sale price
- €0,00 EUR
- Unit price
Come and join us in a two-part session exploring the basics of hand-building. In the first class, you will have an introduction to clay and learn the main techniques used to make beautiful, unique pottery. In the second class, we will teach the basics of glazing. In this class you will be able to experience the whole pottery process from start to finish. Let it be the start of your journey into pottery or a special gift for a friend.
Who is this class for?
This course is perfect for complete beginners, or those who want to develop their skills.
- 2 x 2.5 hour guided sessions (1 x hand-building & 1 x glazing)
- Possibility to make 2 - 4 small pieces of your choice
- Access to all materials, tools & firings
- Taking a class at Kleistone Studio will give you the chance to use our studio during Open studio sessions (subject to booking and payment separately)
Location: Kleistone Studio in Kreuzberg.
Teacher / language:
14.01 + 28.01: Kate/Elisabetta / English
11.02 + 25.02: Kate / German
18.02 + 04.03: Elisabetta / English
18.03 + 01.04: Kate / Deutsch
In this workshop, you will be shown three different hand-building techniques; pinching, coiling and slab building. These techniques are the fundamentals of hand-built pottery and can be used alone or combined to make all kinds of shapes, forms and objects.
During this class you are welcome to play and experiment, making any object/s you like. Due to the limited class size of 7 people, you will have plenty of 1-on-1 time for questions and support.
In the second part of the course, you will get to glaze your pieces using the studio glazes. After this, your pottery will be fired and ready to collect in about 3 weeks. We will notify you via email when the pieces are ready for collection.
Please bring your own apron. You can also purchase one at our shop.
Please note that we can only keep pieces 2 months after you have been notified.
Classes are non-refundable but you can rebook to a future class, provided you give at least 7 days notice.
We strongly advise participants to wear an FFP2 mask at all times. Instructors will be wearing a mask.
By booking a class or open studio session you agree with the following policies.
- Classes are non-refundable but you can rebook to a future class, provided you give at least 7 days notice, in writing. This means that you will be issued a voucher that you can use to book a future class. We cannot make exceptions.
- You are allowed to transfer the class to someone else if you can't make it, but that still means the above policy would apply.
- Our studio is for adults. We allow for children from the age of 14 if accompanied by an adult. Both would need to book a spot separately.
- Please note that if Covid-19 rules change and 2G+ is required by the time this class begins, you will be required to comply to those new rules.
- In case the event cannot take place, we will reschedule it and you will be issued a voucher to use again.