Coloured clay class
- Regular price
- €125,00 EUR
- Regular price
- Sale price
- €125,00 EUR
- Unit price
Have fun and get messy (bring an apron!) discovering the many possibilities that colouring and layering different coloured clay bodies can give you. In this class you will learn how to stain a white clay body using ceramic stains and oxides to create a beautiful multicoloured clay surface.
You will be able to make 2-3 different colour clay bodies to use alongside white and speckled clays to make your pieces. You will be taught how to combine the coloured clays to make 2 pieces using our plate or bowl forms.
The pieces you create can also be perfect as thoughtful gifts.
Who is this class for?
This class is for everyone. No experience is needed.
- A 2.5 hour guided session
- Access to all materials and tools
- Glazing & firing will be taken care of by us. We will glaze your pieces with a transparent glaze
Location: Kleistone Studio in Kreuzberg.
Teacher / language: Kate / English (explanations can also be given in German)
During this 2.5 hour class you will learn how to stain white clay using ceramic stains and oxides to create a special colour palette.
- Introduction & demo
- Mixing stains with a white clay body
- Forming & rolling the different coloured clays together into a slab to create a multi-coloured patchwork surface.
- Making 2 slab built plates and/or bowls using our forms.
You will be able to work on your pieces in a relaxed atmosphere and will be able to use any of the tools in our studio. We keep our classes to a maximum of 6 participants.
Should you make more than two pieces, you will be able to choose your two favourites to be fired.
Once your pieces are finished, you will leave them with us to be finished. We will take care of firing them and coat them in a glossy transparent glaze.
We will notify you via email when the pieces are ready for collection. Turnaround time will be around 3 weeks.
Please bring your own apron - this is a very messy class! You can also purchase one at our shop.
Please note that we can only keep pieces 2 months after you have been notified.
Classes are non-refundable but you can rebook to a future class, provided you give at least 7 days notice.
We strongly advise participants to wear an FFP2 mask at all times. Instructors will be wearing a mask.
Please note that if the rules change and 2G+ is required by the time this class begins, you will be required to comply to those new rules.
By booking a class or open studio session you agree with the following policies.
- Classes are non-refundable but you can rebook to a future class, provided you give at least 7 days notice, in writing. This means that you will be issued a voucher that you can use to book a future class. We cannot make exceptions.
- You are allowed to transfer the class to someone else if you can't make it, but that still means the above policy would apply.
- Our studio is for adults. We allow for children from the age of 14 if accompanied by an adult. Both would need to book a spot separately.
- Please note that if Covid-19 rules change and 2G+ is required by the time this class begins, you will be required to comply to those new rules.
- In case the event cannot take place, we will reschedule it and you will be issued a voucher to use again.