What does it mean to run a community ceramic studio? This little reel shows you what we get done in a day’s work, as the first preview of...
- Bisque: 960C
- Glaze Fire: 1240C (cone 6)
- 7€ / kg for bisque fire
- 10€/ kg for glaze fire
- Full kiln (100l): 102€ please get in touch in advance if you wish to hire a full kiln
No need to book an appointment. Just come by during our opening times.
We require a minimum of 7 €
Turnaround time is roughly 3-4 weeks
- We do not take responsibility for damages to your pieces that may occur in the firing
- NOTE: If you bring in pieces for firing with clays and/or glazes that do not come from our studio, we highly recommend you have private liability insurance as damages to our equipment can be costly.
In order to ensure a smooth process, please follow the instructions below:
- Make sure your pieces are completely dry before you bring them in for a bisque fire
- Mark your pieces (either by carving or stamping your name). Unmarked pieces will not be accepted.
- For a glaze fire, make sure your bottoms are completely clear of glaze. You will be responsible for damages to kiln shelves.
- We do not bisque-fire pieces that are thicker than 2cm and not hollow.
- We require proof that the clay and glaze are compatible with our firing temperatures (1240C). We will not fire wild clay or any clay that did not come from a commercial package. If you have used engobes or any other surface decoration, you also need to show us proof of compatibility.
- Download and fill out the form below before you drop off your pieces and bring it with you to the studio.
If you plan on firing a lot and want to buy in bulk, we also offer firing credits. They will be deducted every time you come in for a firing. You do not have to purchase credits: you can always pay each time :)
We are often asked by students about the contents of glazes. The assumption is always that glazes contain “toxic chemicals” and that they work in somewhat mysterious ways. Our approach...
One of the least talked about aspects of ceramics is dealing with glaze waste. Members and students in our studio often hear us explain that nothing should go down the drain:...