Kleistone Studio is turning 6 months old! Time flies when you're having fun, and these first six months have been great. We have had a lot of support from you...
- Bisque: 960C
- Glazing Fire: 1240C (cone 7)
- 5€ / kg for bisque fire
- 8€/ kg for glaze fire
- Full kiln (100l): 80€ (please get in touch in advance if you wish to hire a full kiln)
No need to book an appointment. Just come by during our opening times.
We require a minimum of 5 €
In order to ensure a smooth process, please follow the instructions below:
- Make sure your pieces are completely dry before you bring them in for a bisque fire
- Mark your pieces (either by carving or stamping your name)
- For a glaze fire, make sure your bottoms are completely clear of glaze. You will be responsible for damages to kiln shelves.
- We do not bisque-fire pieces that are thicker than 2cm and not hollow.
- We require proof that the clay and glaze are compatible with our firing temperatures (1240C).
- Download and fill out the form below before you drop off your pieces and bring it with you to the studio.
If you plan on firing a lot and want to buy in bulk, we also offer firing credits. They will be deducted every time you come in for a firing. You do not have to purchase credits: you can always pay each time :)
Clay is a natural material coming from the earth. It is kind of special because it can be manipulated, used, pinched, turned, dried, made into slip and also recycled. Raw...
Ceramics is a wonderful craft. Like many crafts, there are a few things to keep in mind as you work with clay and glazes. We give new members and students tips...