Discover Hand-Building: Full Class
- Regular price
- €150,00 EUR
- Regular price
- Sale price
- €150,00 EUR
- Unit price
Come and join us in a two-part session exploring the basics of hand-building. In the first class, you will have an introduction to clay and learn the main techniques used to make beautiful, unique pottery. In the second class, we will teach the basics of glazing. In this class you will be able to experience the whole pottery process from start to finish. Let it be the start of your journey into pottery or a special gift for a friend.
Who is this class for?
This course is perfect for complete beginners, or those who want to develop their skills. Thank you for your understanding that our classes are only open to adults.
- 2 x 2.5 hour guided sessions (1 x hand-building & 1 x glazing)
- Possibility to make 2 - 4 small pieces of your choice
- Access to all materials, tools & firings
- Taking a full class at Kleistone Studio will give you the chance to use our studio during open studio sessions, provided we have capacity (subject to booking and payment separately). As we are a members studio, please understand we cannot always accommodate requests.
Location: Kleistone Studio in Kreuzberg.
Teacher / language:
Kate or Elisabetta / German or English (please refer to the language in the class date selection)
In this workshop, you will be shown two different hand-building techniques; pinching, and slab building. These techniques are the fundamentals of hand-built pottery and can be used alone or combined to make all kinds of shapes, forms and objects.
In the second part of the course, you will get to glaze your pieces using the studio glazes. After this, your pottery will be fired and ready to collect in about 3 weeks. We will notify you via email when the pieces are ready for collection.
Please note that we can only keep pieces 2 months after you have been notified.
NOTE: We understand that life gets in the way and that you may miss a class. However we cannot accommodate or allow you to make up a class later or swap classes. We cannot make exceptions. It is your responsibility to ensure you can make the classes.
Classes are non-refundable but you can rebook to a future class, provided you give at least 7 days notice. See our full policies down the page.
By booking a class or open studio session you agree with the following policies.
- Classes are non-refundable but you can rebook to a future class, provided you give at least 7 days notice from the class date, in writing. This means that you will be issued a voucher that you can use to book a future class. We cannot make any exceptions.
- You are allowed to transfer the class to someone else if you can't make it, but that still means the above policy would apply. Open studio sessions are not transferable.
- Our studio is for adults. We allow for children from the age of 14 if accompanied by an adult. Both would need to book a spot separately.
- In case the event cannot take place, we will reschedule it and you will be issued a voucher to use again.