Slip is very useful in hand-building when attaching pieces and constructing. We recommend using the slip of the same clay you are working with, to avoid bad surprises in the drying and firing process.
Below we explain how to make slip:
- Collect unused pieces of clay in a jar or container to dry out.
- Add water, preferably your old clay water to the jar.
- Stir well and allow to absorb over night
- After letting sit over night, mix very well and then you can already use it
- Use slip to join different pieces of clay together, e.g. a handle on a mug. Tip: make a batch of slip for each clay body
Find the video to this tutorial on our Instagram account and follow us for more tips and tricks.